It’s that time again and knowing how tired you’ll be after doesn’t make the job more appealing even though you are super excited about your new make it all more bearable, see below for some handy tips and tricks!
1) Pack an overnight bag containing all the essentials. Chances are, you’ll be too tired to unpack your things. You’ll want your essentials within easy access, including a change of clothes if you’re going back to work the next day as well as all your toiletries. It’s also a great way to transport a laptop, which could run the risk of getting stolen during a move.
2) Clear Plastic Bins – they will save you from MUCH frustration. Pack the things you will need first/the most in them as the clear bin allows you to see inside; it also separates itself from the myriad of cardboard boxes.
3) Wrap your breakables (dishes, glasses, etc.) in clothing to save on bubble wrap. For extra padding, pack your glasses and stemware in clean socks. Pack plates vertically, like records. They’ll be less likely to break.
4) When you label what’s in your boxes, add what room they’ll be going into.You can even colour code the labels so each room has a different colour so it’s easier to spot what goes where. Remember to mark your boxes on the side as well and not just on top so when you stack them you don’t struggle to find what you are looking for.
5) Sandwich bags is a must! It’s perfect for keeping together and track of small parts, especially when you have to take stuff apart.
6) Take a photo of how your electronics are connected so you can remember how and where all the wires go.
7) Cut down on boxes by making all of your baskets, laundry bins, hampers, and suitcases work for you.
And Rule #8 It’s okay to swear at heavy furniture ;-)